We want your help!! Consider joining the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC) as a member or parent volunteer!
The SSC is often described as the “backbone of the Air Cadet Movement” because one of the secrets to the success of an Air Cadet Squadron is a well organized and effective Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC).
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC) works in partnership with Squadron staff to ensure the viability of the Squadron.
The support is intended to compliment the resources available from the Canadian Armed Forces. The Squadron is supported through various forms of voluntary personal involvement, financial contributions, the provision of extra activities for the cadets, and other material assistance.
How Can You Help?
- We are currently recruiting volunteer parents who are willing to commit a few hours of their time during the Cadet training year to support various activities.
- Opportunities to be part of the SSC team, including on the Executive as well as volunteers at large are sought for:
- Tasks as an SSC team member include recruitment, reviewing training programs, budgets, discuss fundraising opportunities, etc.
- As a parent volunteer, there is a vast range of opportunities such as members of sub-committees such as: food services, transportation, publicity, special projects to name a few.
- No prior skill or experience is needed. We have a range of opportunities where you can lend a hand! It can range from picking up supplies for a training activity, helping with the meals or the Cadets, organizing a fundraiser, booking a facility, assisting Officers with optional activities, etc.
- All support will be greatly appreciated! The more parent involvement, the better! The work is shared more evenly, and you get to share innovative ideas to contribute to the Squadron’s success! It’s a win-win-win situation for the Cadets, the Squadron and the SSC!
- To learn more, further information is also included below.
- To become involved with our Squadron Sponsoring Committee, please contact the SSC by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee is responsible for:
- Providing financial and administrative support for the Squadron;
- Providing appropriate accommodation for the Squadron’s training, administration and stores;
- Providing training aids and equipment, including band instruments, not supplied by the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF);
- Providing transportation, when not available from the CAF for local training exercises.
Meetings are held the last Tuesday (Wednesday during COVID) of every month. Normally these are being held online.
SSC Member Information:
Members of the SSC may be present at the Squadron at the end of each parade night when in person. Come visit us!
2020-2021 Squadron Sponsoring Committee Members:
- Catherine Lokietek, Chair
- Derek Snider, Vice-Chair, Volunteer Screening Coordinator
- Grace Macdonald, Treasurer
- OPEN POSITION, Secretary
- Paul McKinney, Squadron OPC Liaison
To become a volunteer, you will be requested to undergo a comprehensive application process including a Police background check. Members of the SSC will support you through the process once you decide to join our team!